I believe that life experience is the best teacher. And I’ve learned a lot through my journey.
- I’m the second of five children – four girls and one boy – born in the span of seven years.
- I’m a born and raised Jersey Girl, went to Boston College, then lived in Manhattan and Hoboken on my way back to Montclair where I raised my family.
- I’m a wife to Chris. We’ve been together 38 years and married 33. I am happy to say today we are thriving. But man, this took a lot of intentional work, a lot of hanging in there, and a die-hard commitment to staying together.
- I’m a mom to four grown girls, ranging in age from 22 – 40.
- I am a stepmom, though I consider all of my girls my daughters.
- I’m a stepdaughter and stepsister and though my dad and his wife have both passed, they were two amazing people who managed to blend their families into one loving group.
- I lost twin girls when I was five months pregnant.
- 15 months after I lost the twins, my firstborn had failure to thrive.
- My husband was hit by a car while standing on the corner of our block and suffered serious traumatic brain injury - a tragedy that became a miracle.
- I’ve lost 25 pounds and want to lose more.
- I was a childbirth teacher for many years.
- I used to own a small gourmet shop in Hoboken NJ.
- I’m an Editor of a magazine, do a significant amount of freelance editing – advertising, marketing and promotional materials, digital content, books, and am usually doing some form of writing, from blog posts to articles to books and personal reflection.
- As well as a Life Coach, I’m a College Essay and Writing Coach.
- God – I know, I know. I hesitated to put God here at the top of my list because I didn’t want to sound like I was saying something I should say rather than truth. But I really do love God, I don’t always put Him first, but I’d like to.
- Me! I’m not always so kind to myself. In fact, I can be very hard on myself. But I know in order to love others well, I have to start with me.
- My husband – He is a really good man who encourages me to Become All of Me!
- My children – Happiness is spending time with my grown kids.
- My grandchildren – They are precious and a little fierce too. It really is as awesome as they say.
- My family – Sibling best friends, their hubbies, and their children. What a blessing…so much love.
- To bake…and don’t really like to cook.
- Coffee. It’s always decaf, but it’s still a treasured ritual.
- A good meal, preferably one that has been prepared for me.
- Sharing stories – yours and mine.
- Writing as a way to process.
- Ice cream, ice cream, don’t we all scream for ice cream? Especially Ben and Jerry’s new core ice creams, as in Boom Chocolatta???
- The fellowship of women of all ages, all denominations, all cultures and races. We all have so much to offer one another.
- Ministry – sharing faith stories, growing together, building community.
- Cape Cod. This is a place I have been pretty much every year of my life, often just for Labor Day weekend!
- Travel. Pretty much anywhere – the mountains, the beach, cities. Take me away.
- DISNEY WORLD!
- People. They’re my favorite.
- Laughing till it hurts and you want to stop but you can’t. Like we used to in church despite the glare of my father.
- My mom and my dad and miss them every day. Him because he passed away…her because she has dementia.
I love you – and I’m excited to get to know you and empower you to Become All of YOU!
I’M LEARNING TO LOVE
- All the ups and downs of life – there really is no other way to learn and grow. I wish there was.
- Regular exercise.
- My children in new ways now that they are grown and don’t need me in that same “mommy” sort of way.
- A good salad – Panera’s Fuji Apple Chicken. Yum!